A sunshine box is an easy-to-make and creative care package idea to help you spread positivity like confetti.
Here are the steps to make one–
I recently just learned of a new way to spread joy and positivity like confetti!
A sunshine box is a yellow-themed care package, that you can make and give for any occasion.
- Send one to a friend in medical treatment or in recovery (for example as a wisdom teeth removal gift or IVF care package)
- For a loved one away at college or deployed overseas
- As a sympathy gift for someone grieving
- For someone who may be lonely or doesn’t have a lot of family contact (like for senior citizens in a nursing home)
- As a thank you gift
- To go with open when letters
The great thing about making a box of sunshine is that you don’t have to be very crafty to make one. I surely don’t consider myself very crafty, but found it extremely easy to put this together.
Below, you will find all the steps (& pro-tips) to make a care package that will bring a smile to anyone’s face!
And to top off your box, make sure to keep reading and
grab your free printable below!
**This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases (at no additional cost to you)!**
Making The Box
Don’t be misled, a sunshine box doesn’t have to made with a box at all.
You can make a basket of sunshine, a bucket of sunshine, a bag of sunshine… I’ve even seen a mason jar of sunshine.
Pick any container that suits your purposes.
Once you have your box or container, it’s time to decorate it.
For maximum sunshiny-ness, you can paint the box flaps yellow, wrap them in paper or draw sunny designs right on the box.
What To Put Inside Your Box of Sunshine
One of the easiest ways to stock your box is to visit your local Dollar Store, Walmart, Target, etc and grab things you like that are yellow.
You can also order them online, using Amazon, for example.
pro tip: Take your box up a notch by having a theme. For some inspiration, check out 12 *themed* BOX OF SUNSHINE Ideas to spread happiness.
Some ideas of what to include (in the yellow or gold color of course) are:
- Fridge Magnet
- Stuffed Animal
- Gift Card
- Nail Polish
- Mug / Glass
- Bath Bombs
- Puzzle / Crossword
- Picture Frame
- Tea or Coffee
- Fun Straws
- School Supplies
- Lip Balm / Lip Gloss
- Water Bottle
- Face Mask
Sunshine Box Sayings
After stocking your box, finish it off by writing a sweet sunshine box saying onto a card or printing one of my free printables below and stick it into your box.
Here are some examples of what to write-
- Sending you a box of sunshine because you light up the room
- Heard you had some cloudy days so here is a little bit of sunshine
- You brighten my life with your friendship, so I’m sending you a box full of sunshine to brighten up your day
- I hope this brightens your day
- Wishing you a day that’s as bright as the sun!
- Sending a little sunshine your way to brighten your day, like you always do mine
- This box of sunshine won’t take the pain away, but just know that the sun still shines even on a rainy day
- You shine as bright as the sun
- A box of sunshine for my sunshine
- You are my sunshine, my only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You’ll never know dear how much I love you.
You can also download this
FREE SUNSHINE BOX PRINTABLE
- Yellow Tissue Paper or Shredded Paper
- Yellow Gifts & Items
- Sunshine-related Note, Card or Print
- Choose your box (or basket, bag, bottle, etc)
- Decorate your box (with wrapping paper, paint, stickers, etc)
- Stuff the box with yellow gifts
- Add a sunshine note or card (or use the printable above!)
And there you go! Your sunshine box is ready and you’re ready to make someone smile!
Other UNIQUE CARE PACKAGE ideas: > 25 Incredibly Helpful Items to Put in a Period Care Package for Her > How to Make the Ultimate Gluten Free Care Package for Your GF Friends > How To Make HOMELESS CARE PACKAGES that ACTUALLY make a difference