In this post, you will find a giant list of ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ Questions for couples to get to know each other better.
It’s fun to be in a new relationship, isn’t it?
Butterflies in your stomach…. Finding out where your partner grew up, their likes, their dislikes… All the little things that make them the wonderful person they are.
A great way to peel through these layers is by playing a fun “Yes or No” game geared towards couples.
And it’s not just for new couples! Seasoned couples can use this fun method to learn more about each other’s interests as well.
To play this game, you and your partner decide on a theme.
Then, you ask each other a set of questions within that theme, and each person has to answer with a definitive “YES” or “NO”.
Think of this game as a trust fall exercise but more fun, casual and informative (and less dangerous lol).
Now, remember to keep it real and honest.
Avoid vague answers like “it depends“, “not really” or “I don’t know“.
If done correctly, these fun and sometimes deep questions will help you bare your souls to one another.
This list will give you lots of awesome ideas to start with.
THIS LIST OF QUESTIONS IS CATEGORIZED BY THEMES,
in the following order:
- Career Questions
- Family and Childhood
- Yes or No Questions About Friends
- Finance Related
- Romantic Yes or No Questions
- Yes or No Questions About Your Partner’s Beliefs
- Random Yes or No Questions
Career Yes or No Questions
Looking to find out more about what your partner does and the plans they have for their career? Here are some questions that you can ask each other.
- Do you love what you do for a living?
- Did you always want to be a … (insert partner’s profession here)?
- Have you ever been fired from a job?
- Do you see yourself in this line of work in five years?
- Do you see yourself in this line of work in fifteen years?
- Are you an ambitious person?
- Are you lazy?
- Have you ever thought about quitting your job?
- Do you like working from home?
- Is there a moment in your career you absolutely regret?
- Do your opinions matter at your workplace?
- Do you like your boss?
- Have you ever thought of becoming an entrepreneur?
- Would you like a career change?
- Have you ever felt nervous during a job interview?
- Do you plan to further your education to get a better-paying job?
- Do you have a preference between working in large corporations versus working with small businesses?
- Does your job pay you what you’re worth?
- Have you ever worked for a non-profit?
Family and Childhood Yes or No Questions
Our families contribute a lot to who we are as people. Knowing each other well means getting familiar with each other’s familial background and childhood experience. With the following questions, you get to learn how your partner grew up and learn about their family values, in a fun way.
- Do you have siblings?
- Do you have strict parents?
- Are your parents and siblings supportive of your ambitions?
- Did you ever get in serious trouble with your parents when you were a kid?
- Did you ever run away from home as a kid?
- Did you and your siblings ever play pranks on each other?
- Did you have a family pet as a kid?
- Did you ever wet the bed or pee in your pants as a child?
- Did you believe in Santa and the Tooth fairy?
- Does your family have holiday traditions?
- Is your family religious?
- Did you ever get detention as a child?
- Have you ever won an argument against your parents?
- Does anyone in your family suffer from addiction or mental health problems?
- Have your parents ever struggled financially?
- Do you come from a blended family?
- Are your parents separated / divorced?
- Did you ever have sleepovers with friends or cousins as a kid?
- Did you ever watch an adult movie when you were younger?
- Did you believe in superheroes when you were a kid?
- Did you ever break something valuable and blame it on your family pet as a child?
- Would you like to have kids?
- Do you think we would be good parents?
Yes or No Questions About Friends
Want to know about the ridiculous escapades your partner has gotten into with their friends over the years? And want to know what they think about your friends? Now’s your chance.
- Have you known your best friend for a long time?
- Do you have dependable friends?
- Is there an embarrassing story that your friends blackmail you with?
- Do you friends drink a lot?
- Do you have any nicknames given to you by friends?
- Have you ever gotten into a serious fight with any of your friends?
- Have you ever told a lie to a friend?
- Have you ever kissed or had feelings for one of your friends?
- Have you ever had feelings for one of my friends?
- Have you ever been scammed by a friend?
- Do you know your friends’ birthdays?
- Do you know any of your friend’s zodiac signs?
- Have you and your friends ever gotten into trouble with the law?
- Have you ever helped a friend cheat on a test?
- Would you choose any of your friends to be godparents to your kids?
- Do you trust my friends?
Yes or No Questions About Finance
Asking your partner questions about money can go sideways pretty quickly. Don’t blame it on them; if anything, blame it on how society has conditioned us to be secretive about this topic. To help ease the situation, I’ve compiled a list of hard and easy finance-related questions to ask your partner (depending on how serious your relationship is).
- Are you a big spender?
- Did your parents teach you about money while growing up?
- Do you pay taxes?
- Do you save money?
- Do you believe in paying tithes?
- Do you donate money to charities?
- Would you ever open a joint account with your partner?
- Do you have any debt?
- Have you ever bought something exorbitantly expensive?
- Do you make good financial decisions?
- Do you have a budget?
- Do you ever have money left over at the end of the month?
- Do you have any big financial goals lined up (such as buying a house)?
- Would you ever borrow money, either from your family or the bank?
- Would you ever give money to family members or friends without them repaying you?
Romantic Yes or No Questions
Want to know how your partner feels about the things that are just between the two of you? Here’s a mix of casual, spicy, deep and flirty questions to ask them.
- Do you like when I cuddle you?
- Have you ever cheated on a partner or been cheated on?
- Would you like us to move in together?
- Do you think we are moving too fast?
- Would you like us to go on a vacation together?
- Would you take a bullet for me?
- Do you believe in marriage?
- Would you like us to get a prenup?
- Do you have any sexual fantasies?
- Do you have a terrible breakup story?
- Have you ever broken someone’s heart?
- Have you ever had your heart broken?
- Have you ever been in a long-distance relationship?
- Have you ever been in a long-lasting relationship?
- Have you ever been in love?
- Have you ever been friend-zoned?
- Have you ever dated multiple persons at once? Did they know?
- Do you believe in compromises?
- Do you like going out on dates? If not, do you prefer dining in?
- Have you ever had sex on the first date?
- Have you ever kissed a stranger?
- Have you ever had a crush on a friend’s ex?
- Would you like to join the mile-high club?
- Did you have sex on prom night?
- Have you ever written a love letter or poem?
- Are there any secrets that you’ve never told me?
- Do you know how much I love you?
Yes or No Questions About Your Partner’s Beliefs
Our beliefs make us who we are as individuals. Find out what your partner’s ideologies are with these questions.
read next : 5 Myths About Marriage That Just Aren’t True
- Do you believe in the supernatural?
- Do you believe in personality tests?
- Are you a Christian? (or Muslim, Buddhist, etc.)
- Do you believe in horoscopes?
- Do you believe in fortune-telling?
- Do you believe in the afterlife?
- Do you believe in aliens?
- Do you like conspiracy theories?
- Do you believe in the theory of evolution?
- Do you believe in magic?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you believe in parallel universes or alternate dimensions?
- Do you believe in karma?
- Did you vote for the current President?
Random Yes or No Questions
Take a deep dive into your partner’s mind with these totally random questions.
You will also like : 10 Unique GIFTS FOR GUYS Under $10
- Do you have a celebrity crush?
- Do you keep a journal?
- Have you ever farted in public?
- Can you dance?
- Can you cook?
- Can you drive?
- Are you a social media addict?
- Do you like watching foreign movies?
- Do you like horror movies?
- Do you have a phobia?
- Do you have allergies?
- Have you ever had surgery?
- Have you ever gotten seriously sick and gotten hospitalized?
- Do you like animals? (If so, do you like dogs? Do you like cats?)
- Do you ever watch the news or read newspapers?
- Do you have any scars?
- Do you have any tattoos?
- Have you ever ridden a horse?
- Have you ever traveled to another continent?
- Can you speak multiple languages?
- Have you ever binge-watched an entire series in a day?
- Have you ever gone without a shower for more than two days?
- Have you ever been bullied?
- Does public speaking scare you?
- Do you think I talk too much?
Getting to know people is as easy as asking questions. If you played this game with your partner and loved it, don’t forget to bookmark this and pass it on!