This post is about how to create Virtual Baby Shower Boxes (or kits) for your baby shower guests.
If you are planning a virtual baby shower, one of your main concerns might be how to make the baby shower feel more like a party…and less like a Zoom work meeting.
I felt the same way.
I solved the problem by sending each baby shower guest a party in a box, if you will.
A virtual baby shower box is a curated kit that you put together to create an exciting experience. The box will include everything you need for an exciting party: baby shower games, favors, gifts for the mom, baby shower registry information, “cake” or libations and anything else you want for the party.
VIRTUAL BABY SHOWER BOX DETAILS
**This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases (at no additional cost to you whatsoever)!**
What To Use For Packaging:
There are a lot of good box types that can be used if you will be dropping off your baby shower boxes. However, if you will be mailing your boxes like I did, you will want a sturdy box that is designed for mailing.
I used this corrugated mailing box because it was sturdy, the perfect size for small package first class mailing and it was an affordable buy for 50 boxes!
What To Include In Your Baby Shower Box
Ideas to make it FESTIVE:
– Printed baby shower games
– “Cake“ – any individual wrapped treat (like cake pops or chocolate covered Oreos) that can be mailed and eaten by the guests at “cake-cutting” time)
– Libations – you can include a mini sparkling cider or a cocktail recipe that everyone can make together
– Themed baby shower swag – like matching balloons that everyone can blow up and display before the party or matching pins for each guest
– Baby shower favors – examples are “a baby is brewing” can doozies or “mommy to bee” honey soap bars
Ideas for the MOM TO BE:
– A blank card and pre-addressed envelope – for people to send well wishes and advice to the mom-to-be
– Registry information – so that people can send gifts either via mail or online store delivery
Ideas to MAKE THE BOX PRETTY:
– Packaging – like shredded paper and ribbons
– Themed box decor – stickers, drawings, stamps, etc
– Stick with a color palette or theme (like nautical, baby animals or floral)
The Mailing Process:
Make sure to mail your boxes in more than enough time for your guests to receive them before party time.
In my experience, mailing the boxes using USPS First Class Mailing was the cheapest option.
DIY VIRTUAL BABY SHOWER KIT
- Assemble your mailer/box
- Fill the box with shredded paper
- Organize the printed baby shower games and treats however you choose to
- Tuck the top cover behind the front of the box
- Address the box
- Decorate the outside of the box (with stickers and other baby shower themed decor)
- Tape the box opening
You're ready for mailing!
Happy Baby Showering!
For other virtual party inspiration, see 12 New Virtual Party Ideas (for max fun & minimal contact)