When you find yourself full of doubt, these 55 confident woman quotes from amazing people around the world will give you just the boost of self-confidence that you need.
Have you ever experienced an event that shook your confidence?
I did recently, and I found assurance through Scripture and a collection of confident woman quotes that helped stabilize my doubtful mindset.
They helped so much that I wanted to share them with you!
Building Your Self-Confidence as a Woman with Inspirational Quotes
Sometimes, reading through some strong woman quotes is all you need to reclaim your mojo.
I can personally attest to this and the impact they’ve had on my self esteem.
Here are 55 quotes to help you become a self-confident woman that knows her value (and girl, I hope you know that you are priceless!).
1. “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
It takes courage to live life on your own terms. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Be bold and courageous!
2. “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.”
– Bruce Barton
You don’t have to be a victim of circumstance. Instead, learn to work with your circumstances.
We’ve all been dealt a different hand, and one life is in no way superior (or inferior) to any another.
Whether your environment is ideal or less than stellar, it doesn’t define you.
3. “Women are like teabags. We don’t know our true strength until we are in hot water.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
I love this beautiful quote by a former First Lady because it is so true.
Trials and hardships bring out the best and worst in people. The choice is yours.
You choose how the obstacles you face affect you. Use them to spur you onto greatness!
4. “Never dull your shine for somebody else.”
– Tyra Banks
Confidence comes from within. It’s an attitude, a mindset, a way of thinking about life. It doesn’t come from external factors such as what others think of you.
It comes from knowing yourself well and having faith in your abilities. So don’t let other people’s opinions shape who you are.
5. “Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.”
– Martin Luther
We must never lose sight of the fact that everything happens because of God’s will.
He gives us every opportunity to succeed, but if we fail, His grace is sufficient.
Just get up, dust yourself off, and try again!
6. “Confidence is that feeling by which the mind embarks in great and honorable courses with a sure hope and trust in itself.”
If you want to do anything worthwhile, you’ve got to start somewhere. Take action today!
Start where you stand now, and make small changes over time.
Before you know it, you’ll find yourself standing tall at the top of that “impossible” mountain (whatever that may be in your life).
7. “The more you repeat to yourself that you can do it, the more that path will be grooved in your mind.”
– Maxime Lagacé
Your thoughts become things. If you keep telling yourself “I’m going to accomplish this,” then eventually you will.
That’s why I love daily positive affirmations. Our thoughts are just so powerful.
Keep believing in yourself and take positive steps toward achieving your goals.
8. “I have a confidence about my life that comes from standing tall on my own two feet.”
– Jane Fonda
Experience breeds confidence. Sometimes, we have to branch out on our own before the confidence kicks in.
If that seems a little scary, just remind yourself that you have what it takes. You are an independent woman who can stand on her own two feet.
Just remember to view every step, even the missteps, as another experience that equates to growth.
9. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
– Mark Twain
You’ve heard it said that we only regret the things we didn’t do.
Don’t wait around for someone else to give you permission to live your dreams!
10. “Kindness in words creates confidence.”
When you speak kindly to others and treat them with respect, they tend to do the same to you, which helps breed confidence.
But it’s not just others we’re dealing with here. There is such a thing as self-talk.
It’s just as important to be kind to yourself. When you treat yourself kindly, you free yourself from preconceived notions of what your life “should” look like.
And when you feel free, confidence comes naturally.
11. “A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms.”
– Zen Shin
Don’t compare yourself to anyone or anything. Be happy with who you are and what you have accomplished thus far.
The only person you should compare yourself with is the person that you were yesterday. There’s always room for improvement, but there’s no room for “keeping up with the Joneses.” Focus instead on making progress towards your goals.
12. “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.”
– Dale Carnegie
It takes guts to go after your dreams. But sometimes you have to put aside all those fears and doubts before you can achieve them.
The sooner you stop worrying about failure, the faster you’ll reach success!
13. “Your dream doesn’t have an expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again.”
– K.T. Witten
If we could interview the world, I bet we’d find that the most confident people are those who have failed miserably in the past.
They’re the ones who persevered and pressed on. I think it’s important to realize that confidence doesn’t come from perfection.
So if you haven’t achieved your dreams yet or aren’t where you want to be, there is still time. Just keep on keeping on!
14. “The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”
– Ayn Rand
What you do and where you go in life is up to you. You don’t have to ask permission.
Let that sink in for a minute…
Girl, if that doesn’t boost your confidence level, I don’t know what does!
15. “I firmly believe you never should spend your time being the former anything.”
– Condoleezza Rice
Don’t let anyone (or your inner critic) define you as “the former anything.”
Instead, embrace your past experiences and use them to fuel your future successes.
16. “Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.”
– Michelle Obama
Confidence comes from within. No one can force it upon you or “teach” it to you.
Sometimes, you just have to act like a confident person before you really feel like one.
I think there’s some wisdom behind the old saying “Fake it til you make it!”
17. “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.”
– Helen Keller
Even if it doesn’t come naturally, try to always see the world from a “glass half full” mentality.
Be optimistic. Believe in yourself. Have faith in your abilities. That alone inspires confidence!
Another quote comes to mind that reiterates this point – your attitude determines your altitude.
Keep a positive attitude, and confidence won’t be far behind.
18. “If you don’t like the road you’re walking, start paving another one.”
– Dolly Parton
There’s a comforting sense of assurance that comes with realizing you can change directions anytime you want. You’re not “stuck” staying on the same path you’re on now if it no longer suits you.
Remember that, friend. It is freeing!
19. “You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can’t have it.”
– Robert Anthony
Again, it all boils down to mindset. Accomplishing your goals starts with believing in yourself.
Beware of negative thought patterns, and be proactive in counteracting them. If you struggle in this area, try reciting these self-love affirmations.
20. “It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.”
– Lillian Hellman
I think some of us women struggle with self-confidence because we don’t believe we have the right to be confident.
That’s just not true!
We all have our insecurities. The important thing is not to wallow in them. Acknowledge your insecurities, learn what triggers them, then take steps to remove them.
Meanwhile, walk in confidence whether you feel it or not. Sooner or later, it becomes natural!
21. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.”
– Mary Anne Radmacher
I think courage and confidence go hand-in-hand, and this courageous woman quote paints that picture beautifully.
She reminds us that no matter where you find yourself today, there’s always tomorrow to try again.
There will be days you feel discouraged, but push through them, sister.
As you do, you’ll find a sweet confidence in yourself you never thought possible.
22. “As long as you keep going, you’ll keep getting better. And as you get better, you gain more confidence. That alone is success.”
– Tamara Taylor
The key here is consistency. Keep hustling towards your goals.
Even if you stumble along the way, you learn from each experience. That is success in and of itself!
23. “Preparation for tomorrow is hard work today.”
– Bruce Lee
There is a sense of fearlessness that comes with being prepared, and there’s comfort in knowing you’ve put in the hard work to make things happen.
I love that this quote reinforces the idea that preparation takes effort but pays off big time.
24. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.”
– Coco Chanel
I love this quote about confidence and beauty because it reinforces the truth that beauty is not skin deep as so many say.
True beauty is defined by who you are inside. When you embrace that truth, self-consciousness becomes a thing of the past.
25. “The greatest mistake you can make in life is continually fearing that you’ll make one.”
– Elbert Hubbard
If you constantly worry about making mistakes, you won’t lead an authentic life.
Learn to trust your instincts instead of fearing mistakes. In my humble opinion, that’s how self-confidence is born.
26. “If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.”
– Vincent Van Gogh
Negative self-talk rears its ugly head at the worst possible moments, doesn’t it? To silence it, we need to do the very thing our inner critic says is impossible.
Be honest with yourself. Know exactly what you want and go after it! Feel the fear and do it anyways!
27. “With confidence, you have won before you have started.”
– Marcus Garvey
Confidence gives us strength and power. It’s like having a secret weapon. If you want to win, start acting like you already did!
28. “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
– Christopher Robin
You are a strong woman with intrinsic value. Your self-worth doesn’t come from external factors like how much money you have or what you look like.
It comes from the One who created you and knit you together in your mother’s womb.
Don’t doubt what you have to offer the world!
29. “The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you.”
– William Jennings Bryan
When you face your fears head-on, they lose their hold on you. They no longer control you or dictate how you act.
In fact, once you conquer them, I think you’ll find that they weren’t so scary after all.
30. “It is confidence in our bodies, minds, and spirits that allows us to keep looking for new adventures.”
– Oprah Winfrey
I agree, Oprah, but how do we drum up that confidence in the first place?
I think confidence lies in the “doing.”
To explain, we often procrastinate because we feel overwhelmed by our responsibilities. We postpone doing things to avoid feeling guilty later.
But that only leads to further doubt and insecurity. So take action! Do something productive right away.
Soon, you’ll find yourself getting excited about tackling more tasks, grasping opportunities, and embarking on new adventures.
31. “If you don’t ask, the answer is always no.”
– Nora Roberts
Don’t hesitate to ask the hard questions. Likewise, don’t let the fear of rejection keep you from putting yourself out there.
This quote by Nora Roberts makes me think of a similar quote that says “you won’t know if you don’t try.”
Not trying (or not asking) is a recipe for missed opportunities!
32. “Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are and who you have always been. And understanding it can change your life because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.”
– Sheri L. Dew
Know what makes you unique and own it. Knowing who you are and being comfortable in your own skin is the foundation of self-assurance.
33. You shouldn’t feel discouraged if you’re not waking up and feeling amazing about yourself…It’s a growth and a process. As long as you take every opportunity to learn more about yourself and fall more in love with yourself every day, you’re doing good.”
Becoming a strong, confident woman happens one baby step at a time. Forward motion is the name of the game.
Like the saying goes, slow and steady wins the race. Invest in yourself in some way each day.
You didn’t get where you are now overnight. Likewise, it will take time to get where you want to be.
Find confidence (and joy!) in the process.
34. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt
Don’t let your confidence be shaken by a bad actor (they might just be jealous of you anyway).
If someone tries to bring you down, simply remind yourself: No one can make me feel insignificant unless I allow it. And then…don’t allow it!
35. “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
– John Wooden
Whether you are a business woman or a stay-at-home mom, the world needs people like you and the unique talents and abilities you possess.
Don’t waste those gifts by focusing on what you can’t do.
36. “First thing every morning before you arise say out loud, I believe.”
– Norman Vincent Peale
Believing in yourself leads to positive changes in both your attitude and outlook, and belief leads to results.
I love the idea of literally speaking “I believe” every morning. For more belief statements to start your day, check out this list of abundance affirmations.
37. “You have no control over other people’s taste, so focus on staying true to your own.”
– Tim Gunn
Never allow someone else (and their opinions) to dictate your destiny. No matter what they say, you control your future.
It’s your own choices that determine how far you go in life.
38. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence but it comes from within. It is there all the time.”
– Anne Freud
You don’t need external validation to feel confident in yourself.
In fact, if your self-confidence is dependent on others, you’ll struggle with it the rest of your life because people are unpredictable and circumstances are ever-changing.
39. “Confidence doesn’t come out of nowhere. It’s a result of something … hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication.”
– Roger Staubach
The best way to develop confidence is through consistent effort. The harder you push, the stronger you get.
40. “Don’t waste your energy trying to change opinions … Do your thing, and don’t care if they like it.”
– Tina Fey
If you want to succeed, stop caring what everyone thinks. Focus only on accomplishing your goals.
I’m saying this as a recovering people-pleaser, so I know it’s hard to just “not care” what other people think of you.
The thing is, their opinions don’t change anything. So are they really worth stressing over?
41. “Success is most often achieved by those who don’t know that failure is inevitable.”
– Coco Chanel
It takes courage to attempt anything in life because failure is always possible.
I think it helps to realize that failure isn’t an end point; it’s a part of success.
42. “You’ve got to take the initiative and play your game. In a decisive set, confidence is the difference.”
– Chris Evert
This quote makes me think about tennis and how fast-paced it is. To be successful at tennis, you have to make decisions quickly.
If you hesitate, you lose. When the ball is in your court, you have to act decisively.
It’s not necessarily the fastest player who wins. It’s the player who keeps their eye on the ball that succeeds.
Likewise, when an opportunity comes your way, you need to seize it without hesitation if it lines up with your goals.
43. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.”
– Zig Ziglar
Everybody faces critics in life. Perspective is key when dealing with them.
People like that are often too busy complaining to succeed themselves.
44. “Sooner or later, those who win are those who think they can.”
– Paul Tournier
Again, attitude and positive thinking lay the groundwork for success. Believing you can is half the battle.
So remember these words. They may seem trite or cliché, but they ring true every single time.
45. “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
– Bernard Baruch
Just be yourself. People should love you for who you are. Those that don’t aren’t worth your time anyway.
46. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.”
– Marie Curie
This is perhaps one of my all-time favorite strong, confident woman quotes because it highlights the fact that we were all created for a reason, a purpose.
What better motivation is there than to realize your unique purpose must be carried out, and you’re the only one that can do it!
47. “Don’t wait until everything is just right…Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident, and more and more successful.”
– Mark Victor Hansen
If you wait for life to be perfect to act, you’ll spend your whole life waiting and never doing.
It’s like Dale Carnegie said, action breeds confidence.
48. “Put all excuses aside and remember this – you are capable.”
– Zig Ziglar
We’ve all heard these words before or at least something similar to them. I don’t know about you, but sometimes my mind gets in the way.
I forget that I’m capable, which leads to doubt and uncertainty. Sound familiar?
In times like these, it’s your mindset that is limiting you. Remind yourself that you ARE capable and adopt a no-excuses mentality.
49. “Embrace today, discard yesterday and have confidence in tomorrow.”
– Tim Fargo
Today is all we have. Yesterday is gone, and tomorrow hasn’t happened yet. Live in the present!
Your past doesn’t define your future, and there’s always the hope of a better tomorrow.
50. “Stay afraid, but do it anyway. What’s important is the action. You don’t have to wait to be confident. Just do it and eventually the confidence will follow.”
– Carrie Fisher
There’s that fear again. While there is certainly something to be said about conquering your fears, sometimes you just have to push through them.
When you “do it scared” so to speak, you find that there wasn’t anything to be afraid of after all. Then when that situation arises again, you can walk through it with confidence.
51. “We are what we believe we are.”
– C.S. Lewis
Believing in yourself allows you to develop into whatever type of person you wish to be. It’s amazing, really.
Whether you believe you can or can’t, you’re right. So choose to believe you can!
52. “Don’t say, “If I could, I would”. Say, “If I can, I will.”
– Jim Rohn
If you think you can’t succeed, chances are you won’t try hard enough to make whatever “it” is happen.
On the other hand, if you truly believe you can, you’re much more likely to achieve it.
So pay attention to your self-talk. Be mindful of the words you speak silently to yourself.
You might want to consider speaking to yourself out loud, as odd as that may seem. Affirmations like these can skyrocket your self-confidence!
53. “Knowing what must be done does away with fear.”
– Rosa Parks
I think this quote about women’s confidence nails it. Rosa Parks was probably uncertain of the outcome when she stood up for what was right.
But she didn’t let that stop her. She did what needed to be done and knowing that gave her the confidence to do it.
54. “I learned a long time ago that there is something worse than missing the goal, and that’s not pulling the trigger.”
– Mia Hamm
Many of these quotes share something in common. Have you noticed it? It’s action.
It’s possible to worry so much about missing the mark that we don’t even take the shot. And that’s the real tragedy.
55. “You can waste your lives drawing lines. Or you can live your life crossing them.”
– Shonda Rhimes
Oh, I love this quote by Ms. Shonda Rhimes, creator of Grey’s Anatomy. It reminds me how important it is to break out of my comfort zone.
Don’t box yourself in, girlfriend. There’s a whole world out there ready to watch you shine!
Sometimes you just have to have the attitude of a confident woman whether you truly possess it or not.
And remember, mindset is everything.
I hope these strong, self-confident woman quotes inspire you to find that confidence within yourself – it’s been there the whole time!