This post is all about using affirmations for confidence.
Confidence is such an odd thing.
Some days, it’s the most natural feeling. Other days, it’s like “confidence? Who’s that? I never met her “.
In some areas of life, it can be summoned as easily as a genie from a bottle but in other areas of life, it takes a lifetime to feel self-assured.
When I was younger, for example, one thing I remember feeling self conscious about at times was being very dark skinned. I was also insecure about how hairy I
was am 😆.
With time, I grew proud of my thick hair and I love being dark chocolatey.
Now, I struggle with feeling confident with my business acumen and with the way that I relate with people I don’t know well.
The bottom line is that self-confidence is something we can work on all throughout our lives. That’s normal.
The good news is that confidence is something that you can easily take control of with a positive and determined mindset.
To overcome low confidence, your self talk needs to be A++++. The words you speak to yourself must lift you up and not drag you down.
This is where affirmations come in.
Do affirmations really help?
Yes, they really do.
Affirmations are positive and declarative sayings that are meant to focus your mind, calm your spirit and empower you to accomplish your goal or purpose.
Affirmations can help you improve your mindset in many different areas.
Low on self worth? Recite some self-love affirmations.
Stressing out while trying to conceive? Make your body a better place for baby with fertility affirmations.
You can even use morning affirmations to fix your mindset into a positive and happy place for the rest of the day.
How often should you use them?
This all depends on how often YOU want to use and read them.
Some people start with once per day while others use them multiple times per day. There is no rule or right or wrong way. If you have the chance to start off your day with a huge list of affirmations for believing in yourself, why not? It’s a great way to build your confidence fast.
Do confidence affirmations work?
To be honest, each person will have a different experience with affirmations. There are many people who love starting their day with a list of positive self-affirmations and depend on them to set the tone for the day. Other people use them sparingly and only as they feel the need.
For affirmations to work, you have to understand that they’re there as a guideline of thought, that’s it. It will take effort on your part to bring those affirmations to life.
How to use affirmations for confidence
Some people use them as mantras and recite them over and over again, in order to make them a reflexive thought.
Others have a more relaxed approach and just place these affirmations somewhere where they can glance at them from time to time.
You can do either or a little bit of both!
I like printable affirmations.
Easy to print, they can be framed and hung up or I can take a screenshot with my phone and save my favorite ones as a screensaver on my phone. They are completely and totally flexible.
30 Affirmations for Confidence
With this list of confidence affirmations, you will be well on your way to believing in yourself every step of the way.
Use these confidence boosters to learn how to trust your own abilities and judgment.
- When I speak, my actions back me up to achieve my goals.
- Why NOT me? I will not be held back by imposter syndrome.
- I am well equipped to do the work required to get what I deserve.
- I don’t need to play small or be small to make other people comfortable.
- No matter how hard it is, I am going to make it.
- I am proud of myself.
- I trust my ability to adjust to unexpected changes.
- I have something valuable that other people are in need of.
- I release what others say about me. What other people think about me is none of my business.
- I am strong.
- I look GOOD!
- I am worthy of enjoying the good things that happen to me or come to me.
- All of my problems have an end date.
- I get better every day by learning new lessons every day.
- I am madly in love with me.
- I give more attention to my dreams than my fears.
- I value myself and I like who I am.
- I respect myself enough to make good choices about what I eat and what I do.
- I am enough.
- I am in charge of my own attitude.
- I bring my own weather to every situation I enter.
- I have the ability to transform any situation in my life.
- I am confident. I feel confident. I look confident.
- I can admire others’ beauty without questioning my own.
- I master my fear and turn it into motivation.
- My journey is inspiring.
- No one can do me, like I can do me.
- I don’t need anyone else to tell me how great I am.
- I have the power to create the life of my dreams.
- I am walking in my purpose.
In life, it is important to remember that you are worth it and you are in control, even when you really don’t feel that way.
No matter what is happening in your life, understand that you have the ability to find that missing confidence and build yourself back up.
After a short time, these confidence affirmations just might help you find a peace and calmness that you didn’t even realize was missing.