This post is all about using affirmations for confidence, to inspire positive changes in your life.
Confidence can be such a fickle thing.
On some days, it’s incredibly easy to stay upbeat and keep a positive mindset.
But on other days, scrolling through social media will have you questioning your own self-worth.
In some areas of life, it is easy to be confident but at the same time, in other areas of life, it takes hard work to develop.
I remember in high school, I was extremely self conscious about having acne.
It affected my personal life because I was constantly frustrated by the fact that nothing was working to get rid of it.
It affected my social life because I would shy away from people, in fear that they would reject me because of my skin.
(Side note- I don’t actually even remember anyone at school making a comment about it; it was high school, acne was everywhere lol).
Nevertheless, being self conscious in that way affected my ability to show up every day as my best self. My low self esteem kept me from being bold and trying out for certain opportunities at school.
This is just a small illustration of how low confidence levels can negatively impact us from achieving great things.
You might notice the impact on your career path, your love relationships with certain people or even just your willingness to take on new challenges.
The bottom line is that a healthy level of self-confidence is important for good mental health and personal growth.
Well, one might ask how to take steps towards a more confident self.
That is where affirmations come in.
To overcome low confidence, your positive self-talk needs to be A++++. The words you speak to yourself must lift you up and not drag you down.
Do affirmations really help?
Yes, they really do.
Affirmations are positive and declarative sayings that are meant to focus your mind, build a positive outlook and empower you to chase your goals and use your unique gifts.
Affirmations can help you improve your mindset in every aspect of your life.
Low on self worth? Recite some self love affirmations.
Stressing out while trying to conceive? Make your body a better place for baby with fertility affirmations.
You can even use job & career affirmations to show up as your best self at work.
How often should you use them?
This all depends on how often YOU want to use and read them.
Some people start with once daily affirmations while others use them multiple times per day.
There are many people who incorporate beauty affirmations into their morning routine while they get dressed, for example.
Other people use them sparingly and only as they feel the need.
There are no strict rules or right vs. wrong way.
However, if you want to be proactive about maintaining a positive mindset and keeping negative self talk at bay, I recommend that you make this a consistent practice.
If you have the chance to start off every single day with a list of affirmations and then step out the door as a fully confident person, why wouldn’t you?
Daily positive affirmations are a great way to build your confidence fast.
Do confidence affirmations work?
To be honest, each person will have a different experience with affirmations.
For affirmations to work, you have to understand that they are there as a guideline of thought – that’s it. They are powerful tools but they are still just that – tools.
Are you familiar with the concept of ‘limiting beliefs’?
Limiting beliefs are negative beliefs and opinions that we believe to be true about ourselves. These thoughts limit us from pursuing our goals and growing in life because you just believe them to be a fact of life (even though they are not).
For example, you might have the belief that “I’m too old to go to school and change careers”.
Yes- many people go to school in their younger years but does that mean that one cannot go back to school later? No. When you hold on to that thought process as fact, it is a limiting belief because it has prevented you from going after your desire for a different career.
Positive confidence affirmations are used as a tool to break yourself free of these negative feelings so that you can go after the life change that you desire.
Just remember that the affirmations are just a stepping stone. You still need to take steps towards making those positive changes happen in your own life.
How to use affirmations for confidence
Some people use them as mantras and just recite them over and over again, in order to get rid of negative thoughts.
Others have a more relaxed approach and just place these affirmations somewhere where they can see them from time to time.
You can do either or a little bit of both!
I like printable affirmations.
Easy to print, they can be framed and hung up or I can take a screenshot with my phone and save my favorite ones as a screensaver on my phone. They are completely and totally flexible.
40 Affirmations for Confidence
This list of self-confidence affirmations will lead your subconscious mind to see your great potential .
Use these powerful affirmations to learn how to trust your own abilities and judgment.
- Why NOT me? I will not be held back by imposter syndrome.
- I am well equipped to do the work required to get what I deserve.
- I don’t need to play small or be small to make other people comfortable.
- No matter how hard it is, I am going to make it.
- I have no reason to hide my authentic self.
- I am proud of myself.
- I can adjust to unexpected changes easily.
- I have something valuable that other people are in need of.
- I release what others say about me. What other people think about me is none of my business.
- I am strong.
- I look GOOD!
- I am worthy of enjoying the good things that happen to me or come to me.
- All of my problems have an end date.
- My actions and decisions support my goals.
- I get better every day by learning new lessons every day.
- I am madly in love with me.
- I give more attention to my dreams than my fears.
- I value myself and I like who I am.
- I am worthy of love.
- I have great ideas.
- I command a great deal of respect.
- I respect myself enough to make good choices about what I eat and what I do.
- I am enough.
- I am in charge of my own attitude.
- I am in charge of my life.
- I bring my own weather to every situation I enter.
- I have the ability to transform any situation in my life.
- I am confident. I feel confident. I look confident.
- I can admire others’ beauty without questioning my own.
- I master my fear and turn it into motivation.
- Every day, I become a better version of myself.
- My journey is inspiring.
- I have unique gifts to contribute to the world today.
- No one can do me, like I can do me.
- I don’t need anyone else to tell me how great I am.
- I enjoy my own company.
- I have the power to create the life of my dreams.
- I am a role model.
- I am walking in my purpose.
- I am my own best friend.
No matter what is happening in your life, understand that you have the ability to conquer low self-esteem, build your self confidence and positively turn your life around.
Using affirmations will help you live life from a place of abundance, instead of always feeling wanting.
(Looking for something more hands-on? You can print and use these free positive affirmation coloring pages for adults).
By making these confidence affirmations a daily habit, you might be surprised to find the courage and positivity that you have been looking for all along.
Have a great day!