This post is to help you write a thank you message for birthday gifts, from friends, family and others.
Not everyone receives birthday gifts on their special day. And not everyone has family and friends to attend their birthday celebrations.
When people choose to celebrate us by spending their money or time, it’s courteous, mature & important to be grateful.
It doesn’t matter if they’ve given you a gift from your wishlist. Or if they took the time to write down a clever message. It is worth recognizing that they made any type of sacrifice to make you feel loved and appreciated.
One way to show gratitude is to send a ‘thank you’ note whenever you receive a birthday gift, a birthday card or when someone has attended an event in your honor.
Unfortunately, the right words are hard to come by sometimes. Everyone gets writer’s block at one point or the other.
In this post, you will find many examples that make writing your next thank you message an absolute breeze. With this easy guide and a little copy and pasting, you’ll never have to procrastinate writing a thank you message again.
How Do You Say Thank You For a Birthday Gift From Friends?
Have you ever grabbed a pen and paper to write down a thank you message for birthday gifts, thinking it would be an easy task only to get started and realize…. “I can’t think of a good message”!
Well, don’t worry. Here are a bunch of ways to say a friendly thank you for a birthday gift:
- Your birthday gift really made my heart smile. Thank you so much!
- That was the most thoughtful birthday gift I have ever received! Nothing makes me feel more treasured than seeing it around my house. You’re THE best.
- Thank you so much for the birthday cake. I don’t have nearly enough words to appreciate your kindness. Be blessed.
- It made me feel very special to receive your birthday gift. I am so grateful for your generosity.
- I knew that you would do it again! You always amaze me with the creativity that you put into your birthday poems. The words on the card were the most expensive gift I received this year. You are a jewel and I treasure you.
- This is exactly what was on my wishlist! You know me so well and picked out such an amazing gift. Thank you very much.
- This is one of the best gifts I received at my birthday ceremony. You made me feel so special and valuable to you. I love and appreciate you.
- Thank you for the birthday gift. May God bless you as you’ve blessed me.
- This was the perfect gift for my special day; you know my taste so well! Thank you very much.
- I received the fabulous birthday gift you sent and am filled with gratitude. I appreciate you very much.
- Wow! How did you even think of this birthday gift? My whole home feels extra warm now. I will never forget this gesture. You are one in a million!
- I can feel your love even when you’re away through your birthday gift. You are so special to me. I love you!
- I send this thank you message from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for thinking of me.
- What a wonderful birthday gift this is! It reminds me how special you are to me. I will always carry it in my heart. Blessings to you.
- Special thanks to you for the thoughtful gift you gave as a birthday present. I could not be happier with it. Thank you!
- I feel so overjoyed for the wonderful gift you gave me. You are such a great friend!
- I run short of befitting ways to show appreciation for the amazing text message you sent me during my birthday festivities. Receive my sincere thanks for the sweet wishes.
- You have proved to be my best friend this year! I have no idea how much this cost, but I can tell you spent a lot to make me feel treasured and appreciated. Thank you for your generosity and I pray that you get everything you want in this life and more!
- You win for most amazing birthday gift of the night! Words can never be enough to express how grateful I am to you. May God bless you so much.
- What a splendid and lovely gift this is! You should see how happy I was when I saw it. I am so happy that wonderful friends like you exist! You are such a treasure to me.
- Despite your busy schedule, you still made it to my birthday party. It was truly the most wonderful surprise of the day. Thanks a ton!
- You made my birthday special with the great gift card and kind words you sent. I’ll forever be appreciative.
- Special occasions are made special by people like you. I am blessed by the generous gift and the warm wishes you sent me.
- Wow! I am so thrilled by the birthday surprises you sent last week. Every time I see them at home, I remember the special moments we’ve had together. I can’t wait to see you again.
- What a lovely bag you bought; it’s in my favorite color! You are such a good friend to me. Thank you so much.
Thank You Message For Birthday Gifts
(from Family Members)
Sometimes it’s easy to take our relative’s birthday gestures for granted. We expect them to give us gifts and attend our birthday celebrations (even plan them!) On the contrary, we need to appreciate each act of kindness with a thank you.
So, whether you wish to send birthday gift messages to your mother, father, sister, brother, spouse or other family member, you can find some great ideas here-
- Thank you, Mom, for the lovely gift you sent for my birthday. Knowing that you think of me even when I’m thousands of miles away is priceless.
- I am so grateful to know how much I mean to you, Mom. The beautiful gift you sent me says it all. I am so proud to be your daughter.
- You are the most amazing sister in the world! This is the perfect present. I needed this ______ because ________. Thank you for sending me one!
- I am so grateful, Dad, for your good wishes on my birthday. Those were the right words for this challenging season. You are a blessing.
- Bro, I had never imagined you could send me such fantastic and heartwarming birthday messages. My heart is joyful and grateful. I am sending this note of thanks to let you know how much I love and appreciate you.
- Mom, you have the perfect way of making each birthday celebration memorable. You are such an incredible mother. May God crown you with endless blessings!
- Thank you, sis, for always planning the birthday occasions and for giving me an amazing birthday gift. This is why I always wish for you to live long and stay strong! Thank you so much again.
- I am speechless; the birthday cake you baked was the tastiest part of my special day. Thank you so much!
- What a dear brother I have! Your love for me is demonstrated by the amazing gift you sent. I appreciate you very much.
- Receive my sincere appreciation for the great gift I received from you, Mom and Dad. You are such wonderful people! I am humbled to be your child.
- Two gifts!? Grandma/Grandpa, you sure know how to spoil me and you’ve outdone yourself this time. I will cherish them forever just like I cherish each day I have with you.
- Thank you so much for going out of your way to buy me such a beautiful dress. It is so classy and I look forward to wearing it. Thank you.
- You are the best husband that God could have given me. The beautiful birthday gift that you bought was a very pleasant surprise. I love you and I cherish every new year that I get to spend with you. Thank you honey!
- This gift was beyond my expectations, not to mention the lovely birthday wishes you shared with me. Thank you so much, sweetheart.
- I feel so blessed to have a loving Dad to send me wonderful birthday wishes and a fantastic gift. I pray that God grants you good health and a long life.
- I lack the perfect words to express how grateful I feel right now about receiving such a generous birthday gift. I am so happy to have an uncle who always thinks well of me. I love you!
- Sister, your gift reminded me of our childhood when we would ___________________. Thank you for reviving those precious memories and for honoring me on my birthday.
- I was positively overwhelmed by the birthday messages I received from you and other family members. You may never understand how much those words meant to me, but know that I am so grateful.
Thank You Message For Birthday Gifts
From Co-Workers And Employers
It’s amazing for a coworker, employee or employer to remember your birthday, let alone send you a birthday gift. When they do so, make sure to send them a thank you message for thinking of you.
Stuck for ideas? Fret not; here are some perfect thank you messages you can send to appreciate their efforts in making your day more memorable.
- Thank you so much for the birthday gift.
- I appreciate the kindness you showed me by honoring me on my birthday. I am truly grateful.
- You send the sweetest happy birthday wishes! I will cherish these words for a very long time. Thank you ____.
- I will forever remain grateful for this birthday gift. I admire your thoughtfulness.
- It was thoughtful for you to recognize my birthday despite your busy schedule. I cherish your birthday card with gratitude and appreciation. Thank you so much!
- I want to express gratitude that you took the time to choose such beautiful birthday party gifts for me. You must have really gone out of your way and I appreciate it! Thank you so much.
- Thank you very much for attending my birthday ceremony. You are special people to me and I hope you had a wonderful time.
- Dear [insert name], thank you for celebrating my birthday with me. Your presence there meant a lot to me. May you be honored by others like you honored me on my special day!
- What a thoughtful gesture! Thank you for this incredible gift! Let’s connect on social media.
- We met as colleagues but you have proven to be a true friend. I received your gift this afternoon and I love it so much. I adore you and I treasure our friendship.
- I feel grateful to work in this company, Boss! Your gift was a great surprise and a very kind gesture. Thank you!
How do you write a thoughtful thank you note?
While I encourage you to bookmark this post for future reference, it is also helpful for you to learn how to craft your own thank you messages. It’s not nearly as hard as it looks at times.
Just follow this formula and you’ll be set:
- Start with a greeting that addresses the gift giver (ex. “Hi sis”, “Dear Tommy”).
The more personal, the better.
- Directly express your gratitude with a statement that says “thank you for….” the gift or kind gesture.
- Write a special thing you like about what they gave you and/or how you plan to use it.
If not applicable, write about how it made you feel.
- Say a thankful salutation.
- End with your name.
Here are a few examples of thoughtful thank-you notes for the birthday gifts you received.
- “Francis, thank you so much for gifting me this dress! It’s so adorable and it matches my favorite handbag perfectly! You are so thoughtful and I am grateful. – (name)”
- “Hi Love, thank you for the lovely wishes expressed on this birthday card. I could feel your heart as I read them! I’m going to save it and cherish it for years to come. Sincere thanks, (name)”
- “Papa, I appreciate the money gift you sent. It went a long way towards paying my bills! You are God sent! Thanks again, (name)”
- “Dear Liz, thank you for finding the time to attend my birthday kareoke. It was awesome having you there; your performance of Single Ladies was spot on! With gratitude, (name)”
Like most nice things in life, it isn’t mandatory to send a thank you message for birthday gifts. But, it’s the right thing to do and it shows that you are well-mannered.
Besides, when people spend their money to buy you gifts and/or sacrifice their time to attend your birthday celebrations, why wouldn’t you want to take a minute to let them know that you appreciate the effort?
A simple message could mean much more than you would imagine. It doesn’t have to take much time. Just choose the best message from this article, and share it with your amazing friends, co-workers, employers, and family members.