In this post, you will find a compilation of ‘Thinking Of You’ Messages (and quotes) for you to make just about anyone feel special!
Hardly anything brightens up a person’s day more than getting a message from someone else, telling them that they’re being thought of.
The idea that someone likes you so much that they spontaneously thought of you and then took it a step further to craft and send a message about it??
..It brings an automatic smile to your face.
…It makes the sun shine brighter.
….It makes a bad day not so bad.
Now, put yourself on the sending end. It also makes you feel good to bring butterflies to someone’s stomach. To turn their day around. To be the reason they’re showing off all 32 teeth to the world.
Yup- sending thinking-of-you messages can be just as magical as receiving them.
So, if you’re looking for inspiration about how to write such messages to your partner, parents, friends, a colleague at work, we’ve got you. We’ve compiled several message ideas (and quotes!) for you to send off in a text, note or card.
Interested? Well then, keep reading!
The Messages Below Are Organized Into The Following Categories:
- Romantic & Cute “Thinking Of You” Messages
- Thinking of You During Grief
- Thinking of You Messages for Friends
- Thinking of You on Birthdays
- Messages for Mom and Dad
- Prayerful & Faith-Filled Messages
- Thinking of You Quotes
- Thinking of You Messages for Coworkers
Romantic / Cute “Thinking Of You” Messages
You shouldn’t wait until Valentine’s Day to let your partner know how much they mean to you.
If you want to level up the romance between you and your loved one, a super easy way to spice up the relationship is to leave thinking-of-you notes in a place where you know they’ll find it.
For example, put one in their lunchbox or slip it into the pile of mail. Or, deliver a bouquet of flowers to him or her with one of these short messages written on the gift tag.
To make it even easier (and more accessible to them), send them a spontaneous text to let them know that they’re on your mind. This is especially perfect if you want to be flirtatious or if you’re still dating/courting.
Here are some amazing message ideas for both notes and texts:
- You’ve been on my mind and my mind has been on you…
- My coworkers think I’m crazy. Thinking about you makes me smile, and I’ve been doing that all day.
- Keeping it real with you, you’re all I think about lately. It’s like your picture is imprinted on my brain cells.
- Even though we’re miles apart, my mind, soul, and spirit lie with you.
- Anytime I think about the intimate moments we share, I become the happiest person in the room.
- A huge smile spreads across my face every time I think about how fate brought us together.
- I miss having you in my arms, and I hope you miss being in them too.
- I’m 35,000 feet up in the air, and all I can think about is your gorgeous smile. (<— perfect to send while traveling *instant butterflies!!*)
- We make a perfect duo. You and I are like peanut butter and jelly- good separately but exceptional together.
- Roses are red, violets are blue, and being without you, it just ain’t cute.
- There are billions of people on earth but I’m the happiest one whenever I think about you.
Thinking Of You Condolence Messages
Going through a loss is difficult. Oftentimes, people don’t know what to say so it can be awkward and filled with silence.
Even though the important thing is to be there, here’s how to pen a few words on a condolence card if you wish.
- Be Solemn
This usually depends on the recipient’s personality and the immediate situation. Some grieving people prefer to find things to laugh at or people to laugh with, but if you aren’t sure this is the case, it is best to maintain a sober, solemn tone. This way, there’ll be fewer chances of offending them.
- Express your love
How did the deceased impact you? Talk about what the person meant to you and how much you love them. It’ll bring you both some comfort.
- Don’t tell the person how to feel
People grieve differently. Let them follow their process. Just gently remind them that you’re there whenever they need you. That’s the best consolation gift that you can give in a time of grief.
Here’s an example:
- Dear Nolan,
It is with heartfelt sorrow that I’m writing this. Kindly accept my deepest sympathies during this time of loss. Kierra was a beautiful soul and a wonderful person who lived a remarkable life. She touched our lives, and now we are left with fond memories and a huge hole in our hearts. May her soul rest in peace. I know that it’s tough right now, but I need you to understand that I’m thinking of you. You are not alone. I am just a phone call away, ready to be at your side at a moment’s notice.
Thinking About You Messages For Friends
Do you know why writing a thinking-of-you message to your friends is important? Because expecting them to know when we never say it, is a way of taking them for granted.
So, make sure that you say it. Even if it’s with a few words and even if it’s silly, sending them a message will tighten the bonds between you and show them that you care.
Here are some examples to inspire your next friendly message.
- Not sure if I have ever told you this, but you mean the world to me. I’m happy and proud to call you my friend.
- Sending happy vibes and thoughts your way. Can you feel them?
- I saw [inside joke] and thought about that time when [inside joke]… Man, you make my life so much more colorful and I adore you for that.
- Hello! I’ve been thinking about you ever since I got to work. Would you like to grab lunch together?
- So…. when are we going to FaceTime? Because I really miss your face.
- Hey you! I love you.
- I’m sorry you haven’t heard much from me lately. You’ve been on my mind though.
- I got you [insert gift here] because I know you how much you love them.
- I came across our pics from high school. How have you been doing lately?
- I miss seeing you every day!
- All I’ve been thinking about is our vacation over the summer. I can’t wait for us to be reunited.
- Hello friend 🙂 Have a great day at work today.
- Drinks? My house? This weekend? I really wanna see you!
- Hola! Just wanted to know how you’re doing. I thought we could hang out this weekend if you’re free.
Thinking Of You Birthday Messages
Birthday wishes are essential. By letting the celebrant know that you’re thinking of them on this special day, you are expressing how happy you are that they exist.
These are some of the best birthday messages for making a celebrant feel loved.
- It’s 12 am, and I want to be the first person to wish you a happy birthday. So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! If you need help blowing out the candles and eating that cake, I’m available!
- It is astonishing to think that on this day, several years ago, a gem was born. Happy birthday, sweetheart!
- I wish you joy and happiness on this special occasion. May this new year be better than the last.
- It’s a new milestone today. Experience it and enjoy it. There is more to come.
- This birthday card is for an amazing person who deserves the whole world. Happy birthday!
- Happy 20th to a special friend, sweet angel, and role model.
- To a wonderful dad that is the pillar of our household. Happy birthday old man.
- Happy birthday mom. You are a blessing to our family. We love you.
- Thanks for coming into my life and making me better. Cheers to a new age.
Thinking Of You Notes for Parents
We mustn’t wait for special occasions like Mother’s Day or Father’s Day to tell our parents that we love, miss and think of them.
A brief message telling them that you’re thinking of them will make their day and help them feel like they haven’t been forgotten. If you don’t know how to start, just let it flow from your heart! They are your parents; they will accept and treasure the gesture above all.
Here’s an example-
- Hi mom and dad,
You guys are the best. I can’t help but think of all the trouble I put you through growing up. I’m glad you taught me core values that now make me proud of who I am as a person. You both taught me to be strong, smart and compassionate towards all. You taught me how to love. Now that I have kids of my own, I always think about you.
Love you, mom. Love you, pops.
Prayerful & Faith-Filled Messages
If you have friends or family members that are Christians and going through a rough patch, a prayer written on a card is a beautiful way to let them know they are in your thoughts.
Here are some prayer messages that’ll let them know you’re thinking of them.
- I hope you know that you are thought of today, though that is nothing out of the ordinary really! God bless you.
- You’re beautifully and wonderfully made, a special person loved by me.
- God whispered your name to me in prayers. He’s thinking of you.
- I wish you all the best things that God has planned.
- Although no one can care for you as much as God does, I’ll surely try my best.
- Just as the scripture says in Phil 4:19, I’m praying that the Lord provides all your needs.
- Each day I pray that the Lord blesses you abundantly.
- There shall be showers of blessings upon you and your household.
- May you find favor before man and God always.
- I always pray that God blesses you richly for the kindness that you’ve shown me.
- I decree that the goodness of God be upon you and your household. Amen.
- I pray that everything shall work out for your good.
- I pray that God’s angels continue to guard you.
Thinking of You Quotes
Sometimes, other people can say what you’d like to convey in a better way. Which is why we all love a good quote.
Your loved ones are sure to feel cherished and inspired when they receive one of these memorable quotes from you.
- “I was just counting my blessings… and I decided to send this little greeting to one of them.”
- “My heart dances with joy when I think about you.”
– Debasish Mridha
- “I just hugged you in my thoughts. Hope you felt the squeeze.”
- “1. Feed off you.
2. Replenish you.
– Darnell Lamont Walker
- “I think about you constantly, whether it’s with my mind or my heart.”
– Terri Guillemets
- “If it’s the thought that counts, then I’ll be counting a lot today.”
- “When I think of you, I think of kindness, wisdom, and love. Thanks for being you.”
– Sam Crow
- “I don’t know where you are, but I miss you. I don’t know what you’re doing, but I’m thinking of you.”
– London Mond
- “In case you ever foolishly forget, I am never not thinking of you.”
– Virginia Woolf
- “If you need me, I’m here. If you don’t, I’m still here.”
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think of you, I could walk forever in my garden.”
– Claudia Adrienne Grandi
- “You are the ‘nothing’ when people ask me what I’m thinking.”
Thinking Of You Messages for Colleagues
Do you have a colleague at work that you get along with splendidly?
When she is ill.. Or he is going through a difficult time… Or they took an unexpected day off.
No matter the scenario, a brief authentic note that shows that you noticed their absence is likely to lift their spirits and strengthen your interpersonal relationship.
Here are three tips for writing a heartfelt, more personal message to a coworker.
- Incorporate an inside joke. A joke that only the two of you understand helps to break the ice.
- Demonstrate sympathy. You may not understand how your colleague feels, but you’ll want them to know that you care.
- Make a statement of why you miss them. This helps your colleague recognize their impact and gain confidence in their value to the team.
Following these guidelines, here is an example:
- Hey Tolu! I can’t believe you were right about who would win the Sunday Night game. I hope you had the time to watch it. I heard you were out sick. I wish you a quick recovery. The office is less fun without you. You’re in our thoughts and prayers. The rest of the team sends their warmest wishes.
Sending messages to friends, family, coworkers, and other loved ones is an excellent way to build relationships and spread good will. You never know- a random special note from you could have a life-changing effect on someone else.
Thinking-of-you messages are powerful gifts that, thanks to this post, are as easy as 1-2-3. Send one today!