This post is a collection of ‘Happy Birthday’ bible verses to use on birthday cards and birthday wishes.
With each birthday, I feel the overwhelming need to thank God for another year and also to meditate on His promises for a blessed & fruitful new year.
So, for the second part of my birthday week, I am bringing you all the bible verses that I could find that celebrate long life and the blessing of a new year.
These birthday bible verses come in handy when you are writing a card for a friend or family member, praying over yourself (or someone else) or simply when you want to review bible verses for birthday and long life.
Find yourself a happy birthday bible verse below!
Inspirational Bible Verses For Birthday
**All verses are in NIV translation
1.“Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.”
– Psalms 139:16 NIV
2. “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
– Ephesians 2:10 NIV
3. “For through wisdom your days will be many, and years will be added to your life.”
– Proverbs 9:11 NIV
4. “Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”
– Psalms 90:12 NIV
5. “One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.”
– Psalms 27:4 NIV
6. “‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’ As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring.’”
– Acts 17:28 NIV
7. ““Honor your father and mother”—which is the first commandment with a promise— “so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.””
– Ephesians 6:2-3 NIV
8. “And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
– Colossians 3:17 NIV
9. “Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?”
– Job 12:12 NIV
10. “With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
– Psalms 91:16 NIV
11. “Blessed are those who find wisdom, those who gain understanding, for she is more profitable than silver and yields better returns than gold. She is more precious than rubies; nothing you desire can compare with her. Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor.”
– Proverbs 3:13-16 NIV
12. “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
– Jeremiah 29:11 NIV
13. “A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.”
– John 16:21 NIV
14. “The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.”
– Psalms 118:24 NIV
What Does The Bible Say About Birthdays?
15. “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.”
– James 1:17-18 NIV
16. “From birth I have relied on you; you brought me forth from my mother’s womb. I will ever praise you. I have become a sign to many; you are my strong refuge. My mouth is filled with your praise, declaring your splendor all day long.”
– Psalms 71:6-8 NIV
17. “Yet you brought me out of the womb; you made me trust in you, even at my mother’s breast. From birth I was cast on you; from my mother’s womb you have been my God.”
– Psalms 22:9-10 NIV
18. “Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.”
– 3 John 1:2 NIV
19. “May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.”
– Psalms 20:4 NIV
20. “May your father and mother rejoice; may she who gave you birth be joyful!”
– Proverbs 23:25 NIV
21. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”
– Psalms 139:13-14 NIV
22. “Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is. You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is as nothing before you. Everyone is but a breath, even those who seem secure.”
– Psalms 39:4-5 NIV
23. “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
– Jeremiah 1:5 NIV
24. “Listen, my son, accept what I say, and the years of your life will be many. I instruct you in the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths. When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble. Hold on to instruction, do not let it go; guard it well, for it is your life.”
– Proverbs 4:10-13 NIV
25. “The Lord your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”
– Zephaniah 3:17 NIV
26. “You crown the year with your bounty, and your carts overflow with abundance.”
– Psalms 65:11 NIV
27. “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
– Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV
28. “However many years anyone may live, let them enjoy them all. But let them remember the days of darkness, for there will be many. Everything to come is meaningless.”
– Ecclesiastes 11:8 NIV
29. “Let them praise the name of the Lord, for at his command they were created.”
– Psalms 148:5 NIV
30. “The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’
– Numbers 6:24-26 NIV
31. “For the grave cannot praise you, death cannot sing your praise; those who go down to the pit cannot hope for your faithfulness. The living, the living—they praise you, as I am doing today”
– Isaiah 38:18-19a NIV
32. “May you live to see your children’s children—”
– Psalm 128:6 NIV
33. “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”
– Isaiah 46:4 NIV
34. “But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.”
– 1 Corinthians 15:10a NIV
35. “He will be a joy and delight to you, and many will rejoice because of his birth”
– Luke 1:14 NIV
36. “For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.”
– 1 Corinthians 11:12 NIV
I love that the Bible (and specifically these bible verses) not only celebrates life but, also tells us what to do to live a long and meaningful life.
For an easy way to keep track of your favorite verses and read the Bible daily, I highly recommend the Bible App.
Don’t forget to read my other birthday post:
30 Straightforward Life Lessons To Learn From 30 Years Of Life
Emah Purple says
What a wonderful post. The word of God is a never ending source of encouragement. My favorite scripture of all time is Psalm 139 because it’s just so personal.
It sure is Emah! I loved doing this post because I can come and just read down this list for a major boost!
Thanks for reading and commenting love!