In this post, you will find a collection of ‘Thank You Lord’ Quotes to use for any occasion.
“This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.” – Psalm 118:24
Maybe you’re struggling and looking for words of strength and purpose. Maybe you’re thriving and looking for words to properly appreciate your blessings.
Either way, a grateful heart is the cornerstone of a faithful life, so here are just a few “thank you, Lord” quotes to keep you humble, thankful, and receptive to God’s will for your life!
Thank You, Lord Messages for Your Prayer Journal or Gratitude List
If you need some ideas for what to say or where to start, here are a few simple ways to give thanks to the Lord:
- I can feel you, Lord, in my life and my heart, and I’m thankful for your presence.
- I am grateful for my life. I am grateful for my friends and family. I am grateful for my health. I am grateful for my food, shelter, clothing, and all other blessings bestowed upon me.
- Almighty Father, please guide me today, and keep me humble and thankful for everything that I receive.
- God, thank you for this morning. I don’t know what will happen the rest of the day, but I’m grateful for this morning.
- Lord, please show me mercy today. Please show me love, empathy, and truth. Please allow me to receive all challenges with a strong and open heart. Please keep me modest and grateful for Your attention.
- The light of the Lord guides me in all things. Thank you, Lord, for being with me, now and forever.
- Lord, I know You’re constantly at work in my life, bestowing blessings both seen and unseen. Thank you for everything that You do. I don’t take it for granted.
- I seek the eternal kingdom. Thank you, God, for helping me stay focused on what matters.
Grateful Quotes for the Gift of Life
Have you ever stopped and marveled at the sheer miracle of creation? It’s truly a wonder.
These grateful “Thank you, Lord” quotes are touchstones that you can use to stay positive, joyous, and appreciative of the life that’s been given to you.
Use these quotes to help you thank God for another day in the world that He made.
1. “We so easily forget that we came into life with nothing. Whatever we get soon seems our natural right, not a gift. And we forget the giver. Then our gaze shifts from what we have been given to what we don’t have yet.” – Henry B. Eyring
2. “We would worry less if we praised more. Thanksgiving is the enemy of discontent and dissatisfaction.” – Harry Ironside
3. “In happy moments, praise God. In difficult moments, seek God. In quiet moments, worship God. In painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.” – Rick Warren
4. “Some of our most profound gratitude arises from a grit of resolve in our hearts to not allow the gravest voices to be the loudest voices in our lives.” – John Stumbo
5. “I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.” – G.K. Chesterton
6. “A thankful heart is one of the primary identifying characteristics of a believer. It stands in stark contrast to pride, selfishness, and worry. And it helps fortify the believer’s trust in the Lord and reliance of His provision, even in the toughest times. No matter how choppy the seas become, a believer’s heart is buoyed by constant praise and gratefulness to the Lord.” – John MacArthur
7. “Keep on thanking God all the time – this is easy while one is enjoying the ride, but should also persist when the going gets tough.” – Dada J.P. Vaswani
8. “My God, I have never thanked Thee for my ‘thorn!’ I have thanked Thee a thousand times for my roses, but never once for my ‘thorn;’ I have been looking forward to a world where I shall get compensation for my cross as itself a present glory. Teach me the glory of my cross; teach me the value of my ‘thorn.’ Show me that I have climbed to Thee by the path of pain. Show me that my tears have made my rainbow.” – George Matheson
9. “We ought to give thanks for all fortune: if it is good, because it is good; if bad, because it works in us patience, humility and the contempt of this world and the hope of our eternal country.” – C.S. Lewis
10. “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust
11. “Don’t take things for granted today. Take them with gratitude.” – Joni Eareckson Tada
You May Also Like These Articles:
Thank You Lord Quotes for Healing
Hurting and healing is a cycle as old as time. Whether it’s physical, emotional, or spiritual, there are days when you’ll be wounded and in need of help.
Use these prayers to thank God for healing or to ask Him to bestow healing upon you.
12. “Begin to rejoice in the Lord, and your bones will flourish like an herb, and your cheeks will glow with the bloom of health and freshness. Worry, fear, distrust, care-all are poisonous! Joy is balm and healing, and if you will but rejoice, God will give power.” – A. B. Simpson
13. “When you feel thankful, you can be appreciative for a moment, then not at all the next. It seems the tank is full, then it becomes empty, and the cycle continues. If you don’t feel the same gratitude for a moment, know that it’s possible in the next moment that comes around.” – J.R. Rim
14. “When we choose thankful prayer over wallowing in anxiety and worry, we are demonstrating an unwavering trust in God.” – Priscilla Shirer
15. “There should be a parallel between our supplications and our thanksgivings. We ought not to leap in prayer, and limp in praise.” – Charles Spurgeon
16. “The unthankful heart discovers no mercies; but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and, as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings!” – Henry Ward Beecher
17. “For one who has made thanksgiving the habit of his life, the morning prayer will be, ‘Lord, what will you give me today to offer back to you?'” – Elisabeth Elliot
18. “Genuine thankfulness is an act of the heart’s affections, not an act of the lips’ muscles.” – John Piper
19. “We have received too much from God to allow ourselves opportunities for unbelief. We have received too many gifts and privileges to allow a grumbling, murmuring heart to disqualify us of our destiny. In contrast, the thankful heart sees the best part of every situation. It sees problems and weaknesses as opportunities, struggles as refining tools, and sinners as saints in progress.” – Francis Frangipane
20. “I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God’s hands, that, I still possess.” – Corrie ten Boom
21. “When we give thanks in all things, we see hardships and adversities in the context of the purpose of life.” – Dallin H. Oaks
22. “God has promised to supply all our needs. What we don’t have now, we don’t need now. Be grateful for that.” – Elizabeth Elliot
You May Also Like These Posts:
Quotes to Thank God for Family, Friends, and Success
The best quotes about thanking God are ones that acknowledge His power and presence in all aspects of your life.
From the family that He’s given you to the career that He’s led you to; use these prayers to be grateful for it all.
23. “Everything we have comes from God’s hands; even if we worked for it or earned it, He still gave us the ability and the opportunity to do it.” – Billy Graham
24. “The best ways to cultivate humility is by practicing trickle up gratitude. What’s that? You ask. It is when someone thanks you for a job well done, and your little voice inside thanks God for the opportunity to do what you do.” – Charles F Glassman
25. “Gratitude is a decision of the will, and if a decision of the will, the choice resides squarely with us. Deciding to be thankful is no easy task. It takes work.” – Chuck Swindoll
26. “Gratitude is an offering precious in the sight of God, and it is one that the poorest of us can make and be not poorer but richer for having made it.” – A.W. Tozer
27. “As you opened your eyes this morning, someone else’s remained shut forever. As you said your prayers, someone else was breathing their last. As you were saying good morning to your loved ones, someone else was saying their final goodbyes. That is why it is essential to pray and thank God for the life you still have.” – Gift Gugu Mona
28. “Be thankful. God has commanded it, for our good and for His glory. God’s command to be thankful is not the threatening demand of a tyrant. Rather, it is the invitation of a lifetime: the opportunity to draw near to Him at any moment of the day.” – Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth
29. “If I succeed, I will give thanks. If I fail, I will seek His grace.” – Max Lucado
30. “A spirit of thankfulness is one of the most distinctive marks of a Christian whose heart is attuned to the Lord. Thank God in the midst of trials and every persecution.” – Billy Graham
31. “It’s one thing to be grateful. It’s another to give thanks. Gratitude is what you feel. Thanksgiving is what you do.” – Tim Keller
32. “If the only prayer you ever say in your entire life is thank you, it will be enough.” – Meister Eckhart
My Thank You Message to God for All of His Blessings
There is a song that I love by Yolanda Adams named “Fragile Heart”. In it, she sings “when I think about life, Lord I think of you. I forget about everything else. There’s only you and I“. That song speaks to the core of how grateful I am to God for my life and everything in it.
At the end of the day, whether good, bad, high or low, the beginning and the end is God. That’s it. All that I have and all that I am stems from Him. I think about the love and the material provisions that I am surrounded by daily and I am aware that I did nothing to deserve such tremendous blessings. Because of this, I will never have the adequate words to craft a worthy thank you message to God for his blessings. To Him, I am eternally grateful.