This post is a collection of vision board quotes that inspire you to achieve your goals.
I read the best vision board quote the other day, and it inspired me to gather a whole collection of them to share with you!
I’m a big fan of positive thinking and goal setting, and there’s nothing better for both of those than a vision board filled with positive, motivating quotes.
It’s like a hub of inspiration, custom-tailored to my life. And let me tell you, that… is POWERFUL.
So let’s dig in, shall we?
The Purpose and Power of a Vision Board
The idea behind a vision board is to create a visual representation of what you want to accomplish.
It usually consists of images, quotes, and other inspirational items that act as daily reminders of your goals.
But how can a simple board be so effective?
I think the secret behind why vision boards work lies in two words – clarity and concentration.
Arnold Schwarzenegger said it best: “If I can see and believe it, then I can achieve it.”
Once you are clear on what you want, you can make it “tangible”, so to speak, via words and pictures.
Then, it’s just a matter of staying focused and going after it.
The process of making a vision board is easy, and you can do it at home. I have a checklist for everything you need here.
But today, I want drill down and focus on choosing the right quotes that speak to you.
What Kind of Words Should I Put on My Vision Board?
Your vision board should be filled with words that inspire and motivate you.
Frankly, what one person finds inspiring can just be blah for someone else, so it’s important to choose wisely.
What excites you?
What motivates you to get up in the morning?
Think on those things and find quotes (or even just short power words) that do the trick.
Don’t forget to categorize your goals and select quotes for each vision board category.
I know it’s a little silly, but I love Oh! The Places You’ll Go! by Dr. Seuss for my travel-related goals. (Don’t be afraid to pull quotes from unusual sources!)
The best vision board quotes are the ones that align with your unique goals.
Speaking of different types and categories, I’ve broken down the following list of vision board quotes as follows:
- Personal development
- Achieving your dreams
- Positive thinking
- Hard work
- Goal setting
Motivational Quotes to Inspire Greatness in Personal Development
Motivational quotes are powerful because they inspire us to do better. They help us focus on our goals and keep us motivated when we feel like giving up.
The best way to use a motivational quote is to write down your goal, then add a personal touch that makes it specific.
For example, “I want to lose weight” becomes “I want to lose 20 pounds in 3 months.” Pair that with a quote that inspires you in that area and pin it to your vision board.
Here are some great ones to choose from:
1. “The best way to predict your future is to create it.”
2. “The difference between a stumbling block and a stepping stone is how high you raise your foot.”
— Benny Lewis
3. “What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”
— Jane Goodall
4. “Don’t go through life, grow through life.”
— Eric Butterworth
5. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.”
– Jim Rohn
6. “Your vibe attracts your tribe.”
7. “Today is your opportunity to build the tomorrow you want.”
— Ken Poirot
8. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.”
— Amelia Earhart
9. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.”
— Edith Wharton
10. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
— Maya Angelou
Vision Board Quotes & Affirmations to Help You Ditch Doubt
Doubt is something we all struggle with from time to time. It’s easy to get so caught up in self-doubt that it paralyzes us and keeps us from moving forward.
I don’t know about you, but sometimes I need a little “kick” to get out of that rut.
The right quote can do just that.
If you struggle with self-doubt, you might want to dedicate a section of your vision board to confidence and incorporate one or more of these board quotes:
11. “Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith.”
— President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
12. “Never allow a person to tell you no who doesn’t have the power to say yes.”
— Eleanor Roosevelt
13. “Never let self-doubt hold you captive.”
— Roy Bennett
14. “Challenge the doubts with action and you will grow. Doubt and action are incompatible.”
— John Kanary
15. “Don’t let rejection create self-doubt. The founder of Starbucks was turned down by 217 of the 242 investors he initially spoke with.”
— Elizabeth Galbut
16. “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”
— Michele Ruiz
17. “What’s coming is better than what is gone.”
18. “Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.”
― William Shakespeare
Inspirational Sayings to Encourage You To Dream Big
The key to a truly inspirational vision board is to find sayings that resonate deeply within you.
You might even find one that becomes your life’s motto.
The more you ponder on good quotes for your vision board, the stronger their impact will be.
I thought the motivational quotes below were super powerful. Maybe you’ll feel the same?
19. “It’s the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”
— John Wooden
20. “Everything you can imagine is real.”
― Pablo Picasso
21. “Do one thing every day that scares you.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt
22. “The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It’s what you’re made of. Not the circumstances.”
23. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”
— George Lorimer
24. “The only difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.”
— Jimmy Johnson
25. “Turn your wounds into wisdom”
26. ‘It’s never too late to be what you might’ve been.”
— George Eliot
27. “No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else.”
— The Greatest Showman
28. “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.”
— Mandy Hale
29. “The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
Motivating Quotes on True Success
Success looks different from person to person. Some people define true success by money, while others may look at relationships, health, or family.
Whatever your definition may be, dig around for a quote that resonates with your idea of success.
It could include anything from getting married to having children to starting a business.
If possible, pair it with a picture that represents what you’d like to achieve. Trust me, it’s an amazing combo and makes the perfect vision board affirmation.
Here are great quotes about being successful to get you started:
30. “Most great people have achieved their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.”
— Napoleon Hill
31. “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.”
— Charles A. Jaffe
32. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but it will not replace you as the driver.”
― Jen Sincero
33. “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
— Winston Churchill
34. “Success is the sum of small efforts – repeated day in and day out.”
— Robert Collier
35. “Eighty percent of success is showing up.”
— Woody Allen
Mindset and Positive Thinking Vision Board Quotes
No vision board is complete without at least one quote that speaks to the power of positive thinking.
We all face our inner critic at one point or another, so let’s arm ourselves with the ability to combat negative self-talk. (Which is something me & the inbox friends tackle weekly!)
Check out these inspirational quotes. I bet you’ll find one that’s perfect for your positive affirmation board:
36. “It’s not the load that breaks you down, it’s the way you carry it.”
— Lou Holtz
37. “Sometimes when you’re in a dark place you think you’ve been buried but you’ve actually been planted.”
— Christine Caine
38. “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.”
— Walt Whitman
39. “I never lose. Either I win or learn.”
— Nelson Mandela
40. “She remembered who she was and the game changed.”
— Lalah Deliah
41. “Your positive action combined with positive thinking results in success.”
— Shiv Khera
42. “There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking.”
— Brian Tracy
43. “If you continue to think the way you’ve always thought, you’ll continue to get what you’ve always got.”
— Kevin Trudeau
44. “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.”
— Babe Ruth
Hard Work Pays Quotes
I’m a firm believer in hard work. If you want something bad enough, you need to be willing to put in the work no matter what obstacles stand in your way.
But even though hard work pays off, it doesn’t necessarily come easily…hence the word “hard.”
Don’t let that discourage you!
Here are some dream board quotes that emphasize hard work’s role in making your dream a reality:
45. “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
— Mark Twain
46. “Work like there is someone working twenty four hours a day to take it away from you.”
— Mark Cuban
47. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”
— Tim Notke
48. “Nothing will work unless you do.”
— Maya Angelou
49. “A surplus of effort could overcome a deficit of confidence.”
— Sonia Sotomayer
50. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.”
― Abraham Lincoln
51. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”
— Thomas Edison
52. “Be happy with what you have while working for what you want.”
— Helen Keller
Goal-Setting Quotes for Your Dream Board
It takes effort and dedication to achieve a goal, yet most people never try.
But you’re not most people, are you? You have what it takes. You just need a little inspo to get you there.
Start by setting small goals. Those small steps are less intimidating, but they lead to bigger accomplishments over time.
To help get you going, check out these inspiring quotes to make this year’s vision board the most motivating one yet:
read next : How to Host a Successful Vision Board Party
53. “The moment you put a deadline on your dream, it becomes a goal. ”
— Harsha Bhogle
54. “Done is better than perfect.”
— Sheryl Sandberg
55. “If your dreams don’t scare you, they are too small.”
— Richard Branson
56. “If you talk about it, it’s a dream. If you envision it, it’s possible. If you schedule it, it’s real.”
— Tony Robbins
57. “Take the risk or lose the chance.”
58. “If everything seems to be under control, you’re not going fast enough.”
— Mario Andretti
59. “If you don’t build your dream, someone else will hire you to help them build theirs.”
— Dhirubhai Ambani
60. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy and inspires your hopes.”
— Andrew Carnegie
61. “A goal properly set is halfway reached.”
— Zig Ziglar
Short and Sweet Vision Board Affirmations & Empowering Words
When I’m making a vision board, I love to sprinkle in a few bold, large-font words and short phrases.
Here’s a list of ideas for encouraging words that you can write (or print out) for your vision board:
- Dream big
- Make progress every day
- I am enough
- Believe in yourself
- Never give up hope
- Keep moving forward
- Love who you are today
- Live life to the fullest
- Focus on the positive
- Take action, don’t wait
- Trust God
- Stay focused
- Always be kind
- Have faith
- Know your worth
- Choose joy
- Smile often
- Be present in every moment
If you want to dig deeper into affirmations, check out these posts to help you find your dream job, attract a relationship, feel beautiful, boost your self-confidence, and more.
That wraps it up! I hope this list of inspiring vision board quotes motivates you to achieve your goals in 2022 (and every year after)!
Share Your Thoughts